"Every Child, Every Day, Whatever It Takes"
- Wilson Elementary is designed to encourage and inspire our students so that they can envision themselves attending and completing a degree at a university. We do this by designating every grade level to model a different academic department. This focus allows teachers to bring in authentic learning and project-based activities that support their curriculum and that is meaningful to their students We also include numerous opportunities for students to explore various universities so that they understand the diversity that each provides through weekly discussions with their teacher, bulletin boards and a university tailgate party that allows students to explore. This initiative will allow “every” child to believe, dream, and complete their college education.
- We are a Dual-Language campus. Students enrolled in a Dual-Language class have the opportunity to become bi-literate, providing students with an advantage over their peers. These students shall be prepared to work in a global society and have the skills ready for success in the 21st century.
- Wilson has celebrated “100” years of life-long learning.
- We pride ourselves on preparing students who are not only ready academically but also have the character and leadership that translates to success. Wilson has a strong commitment to teaching our students the value of having good character – even when no one is looking and becoming confident leaders.
- We are a registered “No Place for Hate” campus. We have earned this title the last two years and will continue in our efforts to eliminate bullying.